Every mom that breastfeeds her baby knows either the struggle of the fluctuating milk supply or the feeling of anxiety just fearing a possible dip in supply! Whether you are a veteran nursing mama or a first time mom we all still reach for our phones in those middle of the night nursing sessions to do some research when we feel like there’s just not that much in there anymore! so what is the best way to increase breastmilk supply?
With our combined experience and struggles here are our quick tips for increasing and for maintaining a healthy breastmilk supply.
- Drink TONS of water
- Drink coconut water- fresh from a coconut helps like more than we even thought possible.
- Fenugreek supplements, Upspring’s are great. (I will add that everyone reacts to fenugreek differently and this one can backfire and hurt supply for some moms)
- Brewers yeast- add it to homemade lactation cookies, or buy Lagunitas Hop Water https://www.lagunitas.com/story/hoppy-refresher
- Oatmeal in the mornings
- Pumping after each feeding or
- Power pumping if you are exclusively pumping altogether or pumping only during the day for work purposes. (Pump every 30 minutes for 5 minutes a time-for 2-3 days.)
- Baby to breast frequently, skin to skin is best
- A big meal of roasted veggies- this will always boost a few hours later!
- Coconut water! Big believer in this, it works!
- Still drinking lots of water in general. If we don’t drink enough water we won’t produce enough milk.
- A lot of people do Body Armor drinks, Britt prefers Gatorade.
- Eat lots of veggies.
We hope this list was helpful, and if you have any more tips to increase breastmilk supply, please add them in the comments below!
Love, Cassie & Britt
(we are not medical doctors, as always ask your doctor!)